Broken Family, Marriage, Parenting, Children, and Relationship Help

Support for: Divorce, Child Custody, Parenting Plan Agreement, Grandparents Rights, and Much More…

Grandparents' Rights in Arkansas - AR Visitation, Custody, and Legal Strategies to Fight for Your Grandchildrens Best Interests Through AR Family Law

Arkansas Child Custody Laws, AR Grandparents Visitation Rights, Filing Divorce Papers, Parenting Plan Agreement, Mediation, Evaluation, and Court Hearing Support

Arkansas grandparents’ legal rights, guidelines, regulations, and rules of law allow you to ask for visitation, and temporary custody of your grandchildren. AR grandparents can also file for full custody, guardianship, or adoption, to raise their grand-kids, through a AR family law custody court judicial process. The proper legal advice, guidance, and strategies are key to ensure a successful outcome to any predicament regarding your grandchildren. Fortunately, studies have shown that the “Best Interests” for your grandchildren is that they have an active relationship with their grandparents. Grandfathers and grandmothers can often provide a healthier and more stable environment than the children’s biological parents. As a result, Arkansas’s “Best Interest of the Child” guideline fully supports a grandparents’ rights for visitation and custody. The legal extent to which you can visit, provide, and support your grandchildren will need to be determined and approved through a AR family law court hearing litigation process.

Children are all too often kept from their grandparents, or exposed to abuse and neglect. Typically, most if not all of these circumstances Grandparents Visitation and Custody Rights - Grandchildren Need Grandparents Help Protecting Them from Abuse and Neglectare completely out of their control. This unhealthy environment is a damaging situation for children’s emotional and physical well-being. Children often don’t have a voice to be heard, and it is our responsibility as grandparents to be that voice. A voice that defends, supports, protects, and cares for all grandchildren that so desperately need our help.

The Arkansas Judicial Legal System Recognizes the Importance of Grandparents’ Rights Regarding Visitation and Custody of Grandchildren; and Fully Understands That Abuse and Neglect are Prevalent in AR Families.

AR family law fully acknowledges the ability for grandparents to provide a positive and stable environment. An environment, which is able to provide leadership, and a parenting platform so many children desperately need. Grandchildren even spending limited time with their grandparents can help provide the much-needed comfort and security that children require on a regular basis.

The situation grandchildren are exposed to varies greatly. Some are in a positive stable environment, and grandparents are simply denied access or may be allowed very limited contact with their grandchildren. The other end of the spectrum is a situation that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. If you can prove your grandchildren are being subjected to an abusive and neglectful environment, the Arkansas judicial system will act quickly and forcefully on your behalf. Don’t think for one second that as grandparents your rights will be restricted or limited. Remember, the “Best Interest of the Children” is a standard that is fully recognized and supported in the state of Arkansas.

If your grandchildren are in an abusive or neglected environment you may file a petition for a AR child protective proceeding. If abuse, neglect, or imminent danger exist, child protective services may enforce an emergency removal of the children and place them into protective custody. A child protective proceeding is typically followed by a number of court hearings. A fact-finding court hearing is set to determine if the allegations are true. A dis-positional hearing is set to decide what should be done if the child has been neglected or abused. Finally, a permanency hearing is set to determine and finalize the permanent placement and security of the children.

It’s important to recognize, the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) was established to ensure that any Broken Families, Marriages, Relationships, Children, Teenagers, and Parents Need Help Nowchild custody litigation occurs in the child’s “home state”. The “home state” is defined as the last state where a child has lived for 6 consecutive months with a parent. This act was adopted to discourage parents from moving out-of-state in an attempt to manipulate the judicial system for whatever reason. Parental attempted kidnapping by moving children to another state or jurisdiction was one of the main reasons the UCCJEA was adopted.

Arkansas Grandparents’ Legal Rights, Guidelines, Regulations, and Rules of Law Enable You to Defend Your Visitation Rights, Fight for Custody, or the “Best Interests” of Your Grandchildren Through AR Family Law.

The modification to your grandchild’s custody situation may be modified in Arkansas on your behalf. In some cases it will be a temporary modification based on a continuing effort of both parents to SUCCESSFULLY overcome the obstacles that prevent them from retaining full custody again. Parents inability to provide a safe, stable, humane, and secure home environment can be due to many different factors, including but not limited to: (substance abuse, incarceration, mental health issues, anger management, poor leadership skill sets, endangerment, physical abuse, emotional abuse, domestic violence, divorce, etc.). In other cases you may be awarded full custody. Often times, full custody comes with the option to legally adopt your grandchildren.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that you have no legal rights in the state of Arkansas when it Grandparents Legal Rights for Visitation and Child Custody - Family Law Custody Court Judicial Procedurescomes to your grandchildren. AR family law will help ensure your grand-kids get what they deserve and need. Remember to focus your efforts on their “Best Interests” at all times. Your grandchildren will thank you when they are mature enough to realize the decisions and sacrifices you made for them and their future.

I cannot stress enough, the fact that grandchildren need their grandparents. For some grand-kids seeing their grandparents on a regular basis is the best option. Others need to be removed from a physically and emotionally damaging environment permanently. Grandparents are often the first and best option for children to find the stable and secure environment they desperately need and deserve. Check out the links below to help secure visitation with your grandchildren, or fight for the rights of someone who is unable to defend themselves.

The time to act is now, because all children deserve the best that our society has to offer. As a Arkansas grandparent you have rights. Grandparents Visitation and Child Custody Rights, Laws, Advice, Support, and Dispute Resolution Through Negotiation and Court LitigationThese rights enable you to request visitation, and also allow you to be a voice for someone who may desperately need your help and support. Life can come with many challenges, but if you believe that everything happens for a reason then life’s challenges will suddenly become an obstacle with a manageable solution. Don’t forget, Arkansas grandparents’ legal rights, regulations, guidelines, and rules of law, regarding grandchild visitation and custody, were also legislated for guidance, advice, and strategies to support the “Best Interests of the Children” standard through AR family law.

4 Responses to “Arkansas (AR) Grandparents’ Rights for Visitation, Custody, and Support”

  1. Debbie Reed says:

    My daughter and her boyfriend have a one month old baby! I have visited…the father verbally abuses my daughter and has done the same to me upon visit! He is a convicted felon! Has been in drug use and has admitted to me he sells them! She says he does neither anymore! He snaps at the drop of a hat! His mother committed suicide when he was 19 yrs old He is now 35! He goes into a rage! I recently told my daughter she needs to get baby away from him! She got mad and will now not let me see my grandson! I’m afraid hes going to snap and hurt them! He degrades her! He has no respect for women! I was there when the baby was 2 days old..the baby was crying of colic..he would not let me help my daughter console. My grandson! Instead that little baby cried all night and he was hoarse the next morning! He was yelling and cursing at me! I want her to get away, she says she does not love him or is she going to marry him! He has 2 other children by different mothers..he rarely sees..and is always behind on child support! I live in Tn. They live in Ar. My daughter is mad because I try to get her to see what she is going to do to my grandchild! So now she will not let me visit him! I will not go to her house because of him! He works as a repairman for an apartment complex! In the past my daughter was addicted to Adderall. He was her drug dealer that’s how they met! I pray she is not on it again! I just want to see my only grandson grow up, and know his only Grandparents! The Daddy has no morals, no manners, no respect and has no education! He is bad news! What are my rights?

  2. Trudy Frever says:

    My brother passed away in March of 2014. His widow will not let my parents see my niece unless it is a supervised visit. What can they do to get visitation? They do not live in the same state as my niece. Any information you can give me would be great. Thank you!

  3. Ruth Perkins says:

    I have my 2 year old grandson, my daughter lives in another town in the same state Arkansas. I went and picked him up 2 weeks ago just for a visit, but after I saw the way they are living, the house was nasty very not kept up, I don’t want to take him back. I know my daughter is on drugs she has admitted this to me. She has a boyfriend that lives with her that does not work. How they get money for drugs I don’t know. They live with my ex husband who has custody of her 6 year old son because she lost him through the Department of Human Services. I don’t know what to do, I can’t afford to get in trouble. Someone has to be there for this baby, but I feel I’m doing him an injustice if I take him home.

  4. cheryl ginger teague says:

    My granddaughter lives in Oklahoma and I live in Arkansas, and I’m needing to know if I have grandparents rights for the state even if while in Arkansas. I also have grandchildren who have a father who calls his children bad names. He is super disrespectful to his wife calling her awful names in front of their children, and she doesn’t stick up for the children. They have a 7, 5, 4, and 1 year old. The three older children are provided with clothes and shoes but my 1 year old grandson gets nothing. He is now walking and doesn’t even have shoes to walk in and they live on a street that is part gravel and blacktop. He so badly wants to be outside, but without shoes it’s for him to walk outside. I would like to know how to help my 1 year old grandson. You can call me at 479-312-9532, thank you very much.

Ready to Eliminate Personal, Marital, or Family Problems? Tell us about your Situation...