Broken Family, Marriage, Parenting, Children, and Relationship Help

Support for: Divorce, Child Custody, Parenting Plan Agreement, Grandparents Rights, and Much More…

Grandparents' Rights in Louisiana - LA Visitation, Custody, and Legal Strategies to Fight for Your Grandchildrens Best Interests Through LA Family Law

Louisiana Child Custody Laws, LA Grandparents Visitation Rights, Filing Divorce Papers, Parenting Plan Agreement, Mediation, Evaluation, and Court Hearing Support

Louisiana grandparents’ legal rights, guidelines, regulations, and rules of law allow you to ask for visitation, and temporary custody of your grandchildren. LA grandparents can also file for full custody, guardianship, or adoption, to raise their grand-kids, through a LA family law custody court judicial process. The proper legal advice, guidance, and strategies are key to ensure a successful outcome to any predicament regarding your grandchildren. Fortunately, studies have shown that the “Best Interests” for your grandchildren is that they have an active relationship with their grandparents. Grandfathers and grandmothers can often provide a healthier and more stable environment than the children’s biological parents. As a result, Louisiana’s “Best Interest of the Child” guideline fully supports a grandparents’ rights for visitation and custody. The legal extent to which you can visit, provide, and support your grandchildren will need to be determined and approved through a LA family law court hearing litigation process.

Children are all too often kept from their grandparents, or exposed to abuse and neglect. Typically, most if not all of these circumstances Grandparents Visitation and Custody Rights - Grandchildren Need Grandparents Help Protecting Them from Abuse and Neglectare completely out of their control. This unhealthy environment is a damaging situation for children’s emotional and physical well-being. Children often don’t have a voice to be heard, and it is our responsibility as grandparents to be that voice. A voice that defends, supports, protects, and cares for all grandchildren that so desperately need our help.

The Louisiana Judicial Legal System Recognizes the Importance of Grandparents’ Rights Regarding Visitation and Custody of Grandchildren; and Fully Understands That Abuse and Neglect are Prevalent in LA Families.

LA family law fully acknowledges the ability for grandparents to provide a positive and stable environment. An environment, which is able to provide leadership, and a parenting platform so many children desperately need. Grandchildren even spending limited time with their grandparents can help provide the much-needed comfort and security that children require on a regular basis.

The situation grandchildren are exposed to varies greatly. Some are in a positive stable environment, and grandparents are simply denied access or may be allowed very limited contact with their grandchildren. The other end of the spectrum is a situation that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. If you can prove your grandchildren are being subjected to an abusive and neglectful environment, the Louisiana judicial system will act quickly and forcefully on your behalf. Don’t think for one second that as grandparents your rights will be restricted or limited. Remember, the “Best Interest of the Children” is a standard that is fully recognized and supported in the state of Louisiana.

If your grandchildren are in an abusive or neglected environment you may file a petition for a LA child protective proceeding. If abuse, neglect, or imminent danger exist, child protective services may enforce an emergency removal of the children and place them into protective custody. A child protective proceeding is typically followed by a number of court hearings. A fact-finding court hearing is set to determine if the allegations are true. A dis-positional hearing is set to decide what should be done if the child has been neglected or abused. Finally, a permanency hearing is set to determine and finalize the permanent placement and security of the children.

It’s important to recognize, the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) was established to ensure that any Broken Families, Marriages, Relationships, Children, Teenagers, and Parents Need Help Nowchild custody litigation occurs in the child’s “home state”. The “home state” is defined as the last state where a child has lived for 6 consecutive months with a parent. This act was adopted to discourage parents from moving out-of-state in an attempt to manipulate the judicial system for whatever reason. Parental attempted kidnapping by moving children to another state or jurisdiction was one of the main reasons the UCCJEA was adopted.

Louisiana Grandparents’ Legal Rights, Guidelines, Regulations, and Rules of Law Enable You to Defend Your Visitation Rights, Fight for Custody, or the “Best Interests” of Your Grandchildren Through LA Family Law.

The modification to your grandchild’s custody situation may be modified in Louisiana on your behalf. In some cases it will be a temporary modification based on a continuing effort of both parents to SUCCESSFULLY overcome the obstacles that prevent them from retaining full custody again. Parents inability to provide a safe, stable, humane, and secure home environment can be due to many different factors, including but not limited to: (substance abuse, incarceration, mental health issues, anger management, poor leadership skill sets, endangerment, physical abuse, emotional abuse, domestic violence, divorce, etc.). In other cases you may be awarded full custody. Often times, full custody comes with the option to legally adopt your grandchildren.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that you have no legal rights in the state of Louisiana when it Grandparents Legal Rights for Visitation and Child Custody - Family Law Custody Court Judicial Procedurescomes to your grandchildren. LA family law will help ensure your grand-kids get what they deserve and need. Remember to focus your efforts on their “Best Interests” at all times. Your grandchildren will thank you when they are mature enough to realize the decisions and sacrifices you made for them and their future.

I cannot stress enough, the fact that grandchildren need their grandparents. For some grand-kids seeing their grandparents on a regular basis is the best option. Others need to be removed from a physically and emotionally damaging environment permanently. Grandparents are often the first and best option for children to find the stable and secure environment they desperately need and deserve. Check out the links below to help secure visitation with your grandchildren, or fight for the rights of someone who is unable to defend themselves.

The time to act is now, because all children deserve the best that our society has to offer. As a Louisiana grandparent you have rights. Grandparents Visitation and Child Custody Rights, Laws, Advice, Support, and Dispute Resolution Through Negotiation and Court LitigationThese rights enable you to request visitation, and also allow you to be a voice for someone who may desperately need your help and support. Life can come with many challenges, but if you believe that everything happens for a reason then life’s challenges will suddenly become an obstacle with a manageable solution. Don’t forget, Louisiana grandparents’ legal rights, regulations, guidelines, and rules of law, regarding grandchild visitation and custody, were also legislated for guidance, advice, and strategies to support the “Best Interests of the Children” standard through LA family law.

11 Responses to “Louisiana (LA) Grandparents’ Rights for Visitation, Custody, and Support”

  1. Tracey Guy says:

    I raised my grandson from an infant until 6 months ago, now 12 his mother took him and moved out of town, and he constantly asking to come home. She won’t let him. He talks of running away, he send text messages to my daughter to come get him. I need help with this immediately cause it’s tearing me apart. Thanks

  2. Thressa Vaughn says:

    My grandson was place with me by my daughter, though the State of Texas, along with his two siblings. He is 9 they are 5 and 1. My 9 year old was taken by his bio dad in Gonzales, LA. The CPS people there are investigating, saying I have no rights and no custody has ever been established by mom and dad. He has not been in my grandsons life, and has hardly ever supported him. He came to Texas to live, get a job, and help. Did not show up for drug screens 2 times in Texas and admitted he could not pass. He was told by the state here that he had to do the same counseling, drug screens, and classes. So he just kidnapped him and the state worker there says I have no rights. All the attorneys I have spoken with there say it’s Texas jurisdiction and the state workers here say they can’t do anything because it is in their jurisdiction. It is not a good environment that my grandson is being kept in. We are not allowed to see or talk to him.

  3. Dionna Nelson says:

    My son’s ex girlfriend will not let me see my grandson. They recently moved to a new home in Abbieville, and I do not know the address. When he was born they put her maiden name on his birth certificate. Child Support did a DNA test and proved that he was my son’s child. She wants me to pay child support before I get to see him. I cannot afford to pay her over $600.00 per month like she wants. Her fiance has left abusive bruises on him. My son lives in another state. What am I to do?

  4. Amy Stepp says:

    My son and I recently had an argument, and he is not speaking to me. He also will not let me see my granddaughter who just turned two. I have not seen her in two months. Is there anything that I can do to get visitation with her. Every other weekend maybe? I miss my grand baby. Do I have any rights?

  5. kerrie melancon says:

    My situation is different from everyone else’s. Myself and my children’s father are still together. His mother is wanting to get grandparent’s rights, which don’t really bother me because I’ve not once said she can not see them. I just said I wouldn’t leave her alone with them. We have lived with the grandma when our twins were first born til 6 months. She has never spent a day with them, never even really paid attention to them. They are now two, and I’m wondering if this could go thru, and if I have anything to be worried about. I’m a young mother, my children are all well taken care of and their not in any danger. Please give me your thought, because I don’t know how to go about this?

  6. Carol Dirr says:

    My daughter and I had a falling out this past Valentines Day. She is keeping my 3 grand-kids from me. I helped her raise them since the 1st one was born 7 years ago. I am used to seeing my grand-kids everyday. The 7 year old would stay with me during the week so I could send her to school since her mother couldn’t seem to get up and get her to school. Now she has missed so much school since her mother is keeping them away from me. Her mother and step father have both been in trouble with the law. Right now they both have warrants for their arrests. They are both known drug users. She has recently been turned into CPS 3 times since the 10th of February. The kids get screamed and cursed at constantly. She says I don’t have any Grandparents rights unless she is deceased. Is this correct? I have to do something for these kids. Please let me know what I can do. I love my grand-kids dearly and they deserve better than what they are getting.

    • Carla Romero says:

      If you can’t afford lawyer I would make a report with Child Protective Services(CPS), but first start taking the steps to becoming certified to be a foster parent, that way they should not have any reason not to put kids in your home. CPS does not always go the way you need them to or they just take a long time getting there. That’s why you need to starting your classes first. It will look so much better in the judges eyes. I don’t know about any type of money you can get, but maybe with the kids raising the number of people in the house you could apply for food stamps and ask the local (Quad Area’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)) for help with electric bill. Just work out a plan, and don’t go to CPS without one. If not, they will make one for themselves and they suck. Most of the last few years Louisiana has gotten money from the Federal Government for having the most kids adopt out of foster care. Every time they win they get 1,000,000.00 added to their budget. That’s why when ever they open a case on a child its open as foster care/adopt so they don’t lose anytime while they are working with parents and grandparents. I really learned a lot when my daughter had to deal with CPS for 9 months. I got one of the workers mad at me, and she said “Well I can you tell you for a fact if will be three more months if not longer before you get her back now”. We had been told by a lawyer she thought we were getting her back that day and for sure four months later or maybe 5 before getting her back. CPS is not your friend and you shouldn’t say to much to them. If you have kids and they think your daughter will have to much access to them, they will find crazy reasons for the baby not to come to your house. Read all the CPS rules you can get your hands on. You never have to let them in your door and you never have to speak with them if you are not wanting too.
      I hope this information helps, I just wanted you to be prepared for CPS.

  7. Linda f. says:

    I have 2 grandchildren who live with their dad and grandmother. Their dad takes drugs and tells the grandmother to make up excuses so that I can’t take them to my house. He has been verbally and physically abusive to my daughter for 7 years. He has threatened me before in the past also. I’m kind of afraid he will do something stupid to my daughter if I turn him in.

  8. Eloise Lemon says:

    My grandchildren are being subject to numerous removals from their mother, I’ve kept them 3 times myself. I signed up as a foster care giver for them. My oldest grandson refused to go back home once. The living arrangements now are ridiculous and she’s also pregnant now. I would like to sue for custody of Roderick, Rogernic, Tywayne, and Tatum.

  9. Debra says:

    My grandchildren are in their 3rd Foster home of which my granddaughter lived with me for over 2 years! I supplied all of her clothes and needs and some of his. I am filing for custody on my own due to extremely expensive attorneys fees. Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) has completely broke several rules. I would love to sue them not for any money but to expose them! WHO IS WILLING TO HELP US IN Louisiana?

    • lynn says:

      No one will do anything in Louisiana. The law in this state is as crooked as the Mississippi river! They will put abused children back with the parent and boyfriends knowing the parent in on drugs and abusing the children! Lawyers are all in together, they call each other and spill the case. If you go through a service to have supervised visitation; as soon as the child says something that should not be coming out of their mouths the lawyer is told and then this stops too! Sorry people, I pray that God will make them live the horrors that I have!

Ready to Eliminate Personal, Marital, or Family Problems? Tell us about your Situation... to lynn